This delicious stew is surprisingly filling and will warm you up on a cold day. It complements our Spicy Couscous perfectly.
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Calories: 200kcals (+200kcal for Spicy Couscous) Steps: 2
½ onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 sticks celery, chopped
80g swede, peeled and cubed
100g mushrooms, quartered
A good pinch of ground cumin
A good pinch of ground ginger
A pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
1 tsp chopped rosemary leaves
A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped plus extra to garnish
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp tomato paste
100ml CWP Golden Vegetable Drink
100g canned butter beans, rinsed and drained
80g baby spinach leaves
1 sachet CWP Spicy Couscous
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Lightly spray a saucepan with oil and set over a low to medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic, celery and swede for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
2. Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4–5 minutes until golden. Add the ground spices, chilli flakes (if using), herbs, lemon juice and tomato paste. Give everything a good stir.
3. Pour in the Golden Vegetable Drink and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the butter beans and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced and the vegetables are cooked. Stir in the spinach and leave for 1 minute to wilt and turn bright green. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Spicy Couscous according to the directions on the packet.
5. Serve the stew, sprinkled with parsley, with the Spicy Couscous.