Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
Salt: 0.5g Calories: 303kcals / 200kcals Steps: 2 - 4 - 6
Ingredients Lebanese Chicken
300g baby new potatoes, halved
300g skinned, boned chicken breasts, cubed
3–5 garlic cloves, crushed
juice of 2 large lemons
salt and freshly ground black pepper
spray olive oil
pinch of paprika
few sprigs of parsley, chopped
Ingredients Mediterranean salad
2 ripe juicy tomatoes, chopped
½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped
¼ small red onion, chopped
80g mixed salad leaves
bunch of mixed fresh herbs, chopped (mint, oregano, parsley, chives, etc.)
1 tbsp oil-free vinaigrette dressing
few drops of balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5.
2. Put the potatoes and chicken in a shallow ovenproof dish with the garlic, lemon juice and seasoning. Spray lightly with olive oil and mix well until everything is well coated. Sprinkle with a dusting of paprika and cover with a sheet of kitchen foil.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue cooking for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and everything is golden brown. Sprinkle with the parsley.
4. Just before serving, mix together the tomatoes, red pepper, onion, salad leaves and herbs in a large bowl. Toss lightly in the dressing and balsamic vinegar.
5. Serve the hot chicken and potatoes immediately with the salad.
If you like spicy food, serve the Lebanese chicken with a smear of fiery harissa paste. However, take care as it is extremely hot – put some in a small dish and use sparingly.
Step it down…
Step 2: (200kcal)
You can cook a simpler version of this dish on Step 2 if you omit the potatoes and olive oil spray, and cook the chicken and garlic in the same way. Serve it with a salad of rocket, watercress, diced cucumber, celery, courgette, spring onions and green pepper drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar.