These pizzas are so quick and easy to make – you can assemble them in no time at all by using tortilla wraps for the bases. When cooked, they are light, thin, crispy and delicious. And you can top them with all your favourite healthy foods (see below).
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 6-8 minutes Calories: 400kcals Steps: 3, 4 and 5
2 x 55g flour tortilla wraps Sprinkle of flour
For the topping:
75ml passata 1 courgette, thinly sliced 1 small red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced Spray oil 100g reduced-fat mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces 6 thin slices of Parma ham, all visible fat removed A handful of rocket Balsamic vinegar for drizzling Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Place the tortilla wraps on 2 rimless baking sheets that have been lightly floured.
3. Spread the passata over the tortilla wraps almost up to the edge but leaving a thin border.
4. Arrange the courgette and peppers over the passata and season lightly with salt and pepper. Spray lightly with oil.
5. Scatter the mozzarella over the top and then bake in the preheated oven for 6–8 minutes until the bases are crisp and golden brown, the vegetables are just tender and the mozzarella has melted.
6. Slide the pizzas off the baking trays on to 2 serving plates. Tear the Parma ham into thin slices and sprinkle over the top with the rocket leaves. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
Note: Vegetarians can omit the Parma ham and add 100g cubed firm tofu with the peppers and courgette before sprinkling with mozzarella. Cook as above and top with the rocket drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Or you can try these toppings…
Instead of the peppers and courgette, scatter the passata spread bases with the following:
1 thinly sliced small red onion, 15g sultanas and 1 tbsp pine nuts for a ‘sweet and sour’ Sicilian topping. Add the mozzarella and cook as above, then top with the Parma ham and rocket.
100g halved or quartered cherry or baby plum tomatoes, 400g sliced mushrooms and 60g baby spinach leaves. Scatter with the mozzarella and bake as above, then top with the Parma ham and rocket.
Step it up…
For a 500kcals pizza, add 5 stoned black olives to each pizza and break a medium free-range egg into the centre of each one. Cook as above until the egg is set, then scatter with Parma ham and rocket as per the original recipe.