How yummy is this? Roasted spicy chickpeas, griddled vegetables, healthy sprouting seeds and cottage cheese drizzled with lemon vinaigrette – a really colourful, filling and nutritious dinner for a special day.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Calories: 200kcals
200g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained Spray oil A pinch of chilli powder or smoked paprika 100g courgette 1 small red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips 20g sun-blush tomatoes, cut into thin strips A handful of baby spinach leaves 25g sprouting seeds, e.g. alfalfa, mung beans 60g fat-free cottage cheese Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Seedy lemon dressing:
2 tbsp fat-free vinaigrette dressing Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon 1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Put the chickpeas in a bowl and spray lightly with oil. Toss with the chilli or smoked paprika and some sea salt. Spread them out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20–25 minutes, turning once or twice, until crisp and golden brown.
3. Cut the courgette into long thin strips with a potato peeler. Lightly spray a ridged griddle pan with oil and cook the courgette and red pepper over a medium to high heat for 3–4 minutes, turning once or twice, until just tender and nicely striped.
4. Make the dressing: whisk all the ingredients together until blended.
5. Take 2 serving bowls and arrange the roasted chickpeas, griddled vegetables, sun-blush tomatoes, spinach, sprouted seeds and cottage cheese in attractive piles in each of the bowls. Grind some black pepper over the top and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.