This is a delicious way to enjoy salmon during Summer, and using filo pastry sprayed with a mist of oil is healthier and fewer calories than the traditional puff pastry. The stem ginger and dill add a spicy sweetness to the filling.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 20-25 minutes Calories: 400kcals Steps: 3 and 4
Spray oil 400g spinach, washed and trimmed 30g stem ginger in syrup, drained and diced A handful of dill, chopped, plus extra for sprinkling Grated zest of 1 lemon 8 x rectangular sheets ready-rolled filo pastry (18 x30cm) 4 x 100g skinned salmon fillets 300g thin green beans, trimmed 300g baby carrots Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil
2. Steam the spinach in a steamer or colander over a pan of simmering water for 2 minutes or until it wilts. Squeeze out any excess water and chop. Transfer to a bowl. Mix in the ginger, dill and lemon zest, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Lay a clean tea towel on a work surface and lay 1 sheet of filo pastry on top. Lightly mist with the spray oil and cover with a second sheet of filo pastry. Place a salmon fillet close to one short end of the pastry and cover with a quarter of the spinach mixture. Fold the end of the pastry over the top to cover the salmon, then fold the long sides of the pastry inwards over the salmon and roll up to make a parcel. Make 3 more salmon parcels in the same way.
4. Place the salmon parcels on the oiled baking tray and lightly mist them with oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, cook the green beans and baby carrots in a pan of boiling water for 8–10 minutes until tender. Drain well.
6. Serve the salmon en croute, sprinkled with chopped dill, the green beans and carrots.
Step it up…
To enjoy this delicious recipe on Step 5, serve the parcels with a creamy avocado sauce. Just mash the flesh 1 medium ripe avocado with 5 tbsp
Greek yoghurt, 2 tbsp extra light mayonnaise and the juice of ½ lemon.