The chickpeas add a crisp crunchiness to this delicious supper of roasted vegetables and Spicy Couscous. If you don’t have kale you can use spring greens or dark green cabbage instead.
Serves: 1 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes Calories: 200kcals (+200kcal for Spicy Couscous) Steps: 2
100g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ tsp ground cumin
A pinch of chilli powder
A pinch of smoked paprikaSpray oil
½ green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
80g courgette, thickly sliced
80g cherry tomatoes
1 whole garlic clove, unpeeled
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
80g kale, trimmed and large stems removed
A handful of coriander or parsley, chopped
1 sachet CWP Spicy Couscous
Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Lightly spray the chickpeas with oil and place in a bowl with the ground cumin, chilli powder and smoked paprika. Add a pinch of sea salt and toss gently until well coated.
3. Spread the chickpeas out on a baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden brown and slightly crisp. Remove and cool a little.
4. Meanwhile, put the green pepper, courgette and tomatoes in a roasting pan. Tuck the garlic down between the vegetables and sprinkle with herbs. Spray lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, then add the kale, stirring it into the roasted vegetables. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Discard the herbs. Squeeze the garlic out of the skins and stir into the roasted vegetable mixture with the chopped coriander or parsley.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the CWP Spicy Couscous according to the directions on the packet.
6. Arrange the spiced chickpeas, roasted vegetables and Spicy Couscous in a shallow serving bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.